insurance choices for architects

jaymorris

Hey im jocob morris. a freelance architect and site consultant by profession. i would like to have some guidance regarding the best suitable insurances i must consider for myself. working as a free lancer, would i require Professional indemnity insurance? what about public liability and personal protection insurances?

As an architect in Australia, you should check with the AACA regarding insurance requirements/recommendations.

If you are not an architect and are an architectural illustrator, the requirements are much different and pretty much limited to only 'failure to perform' exposure as direct injury or monetary damages related to a rendering are impossible to quantify if you did not create the design as well (which would be covered under AACA section). If you actually perform work on the site as a site consultant through labor or equipment, coverage would need to be extended to cover public exposure/theft/injury etc.

Friends, i have another question that i am a little confued about. If a person already has a life insurance policy, would he still require coverage for personal protection insurace separately? or its all covered up in life insurance coverage only?