VRay for Sketchup- output to match camera view?

m_cubed

Hi,

Are settings available, in VRay for Sketchup, to allow render output extents to match the camera view extents?

Attached are two images:

1. Render+camera-view-window.pdf

This is rendered output, overlaid with grey bars and a yellow border, showing the areas rendered beyond the camera view. The unshaded area in the middle (with white sky) is the extent of my camera view.

2. Screensize_to_render.pdf

This is a screenshot of my advanced camera view in sketchup, over the ouput render image. The rendered area extends beyond my monitor screen.

I've read a number of posts related to this on this forum, and the chaos group forum, but haven't found a solution that works on my machine. Because I'm unable to post attachments on the chaos forum, I'm posting here. I can't tell whether this function is not included in the software, or if I have some settings that may be causing a conflict.

My sketchup camera is matched to a site photo, using Styles>Background>Watermark>Overlay (not shown in attachments). Ideally, I would like the output to match the extents of the background site photo, without adding the step of cropping the rendering and resizing the background image.

As a workaround, I can fix this during photo-editing, but it adds a couple steps.

Is this just how the software works, or are there setting conflicts that cause it?

Thanks for any info/ideas,

Michele

Sketchup 8.0.14346

V-Ray 1.49.01

Win 7

screensize_to_render.pdf

render+camera-view-window.pdf

Hi,

On a related note, I'm noticing something odd in second project I'm working on.

I ran second renders of four scenes (just scenes, not advanced cameras), to show updates to the model (a gable roof instead of a shed roof).

I expected the output to match my previous renders, with the exception of the changed roof. However, it looks like the camera has been zoomed in on each view.

Could this be because of camera settings I changed in another file?

Are the VRay camera settings linked to the file one is working in, or to the software? (Does the software save the latest setting, rather than using settings saved in a file?)

Any one else have this problem?

Are sketchup views stable?

thanks,

Michele

I tried Thomas Thomassen's Camera Sync tool in his 2010 V-Ray Toys plugin, and it got the rendered output extents close to my camera extents.

V-Ray Toys- Thomas Thomassen

http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?t=15491#p119728

I'm still curious if anyone knows of additional settings/tools that help with consistency in sketchup viewports/cameras and render output. (or if it sounds like there is something radically wrong with my install/settings).

thanks,

Michele

• 7 months later...