AR-media Augmented Reality Plugin now available for Autodesk Maya

The Development Lab of Inglobe Technologies announces the release of the AR-media Augmented Reality Plugin for Autodesk Maya.

The software includes interesting features that make it suitable for the creation of high quality Augmented Reality content. Besides increasing creative possibilities, the new features enhance designer's control over Augmented Reality workflow and visualization.

Features include:

- Multiple Markers, Linked Markers and Marker Generator

- Exporter for the AR-media Player (standalone Mac OS X/Windows and iOS)

- Video objects including support for chroma-keying

- Audio Objects and Soundtracks

- "Occluders" Objects

- Customizable Interactions

- Layers Management

- Realtime Shadows

- Realtime Clipping/Sectioning

- Realtime Animations

- Diffuse, Opacity, Reflection and Emissive/Self-Illumination maps support

According to Graziano Terenzi, CEO at Inglobe Technologies, “We have created the AR-media plugin for Maya with one goal in mind: to let people create high-quality AR content rapidly and without programming skills. It is clear then why the release of the new plugins not only marks an important milestone in the development of Inglobe’s AR-media platform, but it also marks another important step toward those who use these 3D modeling tools every day. I believe that the AR-media plugin features will impact positively on productivity/creativity of Maya users. Most of all I’m confident that thanks to the software many digital designers will approach the incredible world of Augmented Reality for the first time”.

The AR-media Plugin 2.2 is available for Maya 2009 up to 2013. Besides the Professional Lite and Professional Editions, a free Trial and a Personal Learning Edition (PLE) are also available from Inglobe’s website.

For more information, please visit our websiteand blog.

[video=youtube;9a63op7Q-6I]