Best rendering engine for animation in 3d max

sabbbin

hello everyone.

i was wondering, which rendering engine people use to render the animation scenes. I use vray for the still images but for animation i don't think it's a good idea considering the rendering time. advise please .

You really shouldn't use your still image preset for rendering animation anyways, no matter what engine you have. A lot of people use Vray and if you already have a copy, then why not use it for animation as well? It seems beyond pointless to purchase and/or learn a new engine simply to render animations.

You really shouldn't use your still image preset for rendering animation anyways, no matter what engine you have. A lot of people use Vray and if you already have a copy, then why not use it for animation as well? It seems beyond pointless to purchase and/or learn a new engine simply to render animations.

Agreed! most of the engines are capable of animation at high quality. Just a case of learning the nuances of each. If you know one already, stick with it.

of course if you have the time and inclination don't let us stop you learning more :)