Colossal Issues with VRay 1.5 for Rhino-Please Help!

sierracroft

I am writing after encountering issues with the new VRay 1.5 for Rhino on two separate computers: a personal laptop and a tower at work. Both computers are PCs, an HP and a BOXX, and were purchased this year are 64-bit systems and run on Windows 7.

I have used Rhino and VRay together for about 4 years now without incident, but that was previous version of VRay.

Could a contributing factor be that the only versions of VRay downloadable as trials through the Chaos Group are 32-bit, both 1.5 and the previous version?

I know VRay is loaded into Rhino because I can select it as a renderer and I have the express toolbar, the yellow quality balls and the different size render bowl toolbars loaded on the main screen. My issues are as follows:

1. I can't override viewport size in VRay Options. When I check a larger size in VRay options it still renders to the size of the viewport, even though I have it checked. And I am always certain I have VRay selected as the renderer and not the default renderer.

2. VRay materials will not adhere to any objects I create.

3. When an object is selected and materials is then selected from the properties pull down bar and "plug-ins" is checked only "match..." can be clicked and not "browse," which would give access to VRay materials.

4. VRay materials do not appear in the VRay material editor either. Only two items appear: Materials List and Scene Materials below it. A rt click on Scene Materials gives the option to Load Materials.

Do I need to load the VRay materials into the VRay Material Editor somehow?

Have you seen any of these problems before?! If so, How did you fix them?

I need to get these issues resolved.