How do you deal with houses that aren't surrounded by trees but by other buildings...

andrewrpreza

Hello,

This is more of a general question, I was wondering what do you guys do in these types of situations...

Let's say your assignment is a house which is A) Surrounded by ugly stuff like old buildings that are decayed, or B) The house is actually in a flat piece of land, no trees in real life.

What do you do in these situations? If you need to take "aerial-ish" views, do you create fake scenery even though its not there and it will never be? or do you just fade the horizon to white or something...

I ask because a lot of my assignments are small buildings/houses and these are sometimes in poor areas of the city.

Thanks

If its possible i like to get an aerial photo, but sometimes i simply cut the scene so it kind of looks like a scale model on a table, also showing some earth on the edges. I've also photographed the surroundings and modeled and phototextured it in Sketchup (doesnt always look nice though). But my favorite is to have a photo made by one of those guys with a remote helicopter.