exclude object from glow

niekscheidema

you cannot exclude a glow because it's a special effect If you turn it off or add a inadvisability track in the dope sheet then make it go out at the begining of you're animation or render then add another visible track to make it appear when you're animating you're scene or rendering it

you can exclude the lighting/object etc from the scene but not a SFx

Edited by datacrasher

if long as it's not a sfx example if you create a box then modify panel go to the general roll out under the shadows you will see the exclude button click on that. the include and exclude window will pop-up you see you have a box on the right side hi-light the box and with the LT Arrow it will move to the LT side box or panel whatever you want to called it

above you have 2 dots one is include and the other is exclude if you leave it the dot in exclude and render this will not render but your object you put the dot into include this will render the object

but i am going on the max 9 version i'm not sure what you can do with the newer ones. i don't really used ambient occlusion because i am a modeler not a texture

Edited by datacrasher

Does that also apply to material effects? I'm trying to exclude an object from ambient occlusion.

Like imagine a napkin with ambient occlusion turned on, the knife and fork i want the effect to apply to, but not the spoon. get it?

The mentalray AO shader has the ability to exclude objects by ID number. This isn't available for the A&D AO though.

The glare shader (applied as a lense shader) can be rendered out separately and composited in post. Then it would be a matter of masking out the objects you dont want to be affected.

jhv