free hdri sky map

sima-b

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
i'm new working with HDRI & can not find any free source with my search .... does anybody know where to find some free sky samples

Hi Sima,

We do a couple of free HDRI skies as well:

http://www.hyperfocaldesign.com/free-hdri-sky

And you can also download our new time-lapse HDRI sky domes here.

There's 863 sample size frames and a full resolution 9500px one as well.

Regards,

Jay

Edited by hyperfocaldesign
added new time-lapse samples

http://www.viz-people.com/free-stuff - have to log in to download the free skies but they're awesome.

Out of freebies, definitely Viz-People, for architectural purposes. Decent resolution for free version (8k), rather below average dynamic range though, bit strong color cast, I suggest desaturating ( but I suggest this to most HDRis).

Though, architectural hemispherical HDRis go for 20-25 euros per piece, and you need around 6 of them to really accomodate every sort of lighthing. If you add up tweaking them (which most people ignore), such as blurring, gamma tweaking, and color toning, you can get infinite lighting solutions bespoke to your needs.

• 6 months later...

If you add up tweaking them (which most people ignore), such as blurring, gamma tweaking, and color toning, you can get infinite lighting solutions bespoke to your needs.

Hi Juraj,

thanks for your suggestions!

As I have never tweaked HDRI Maps before do you have any good advice how to start?

Maybe even a good tutorial?

Thanks!