"View your posts" ?

thomthom

I've used a few forums which uses phpBB and one feature there which I found very useful was "View your posts" which lists the posts you've been active in.

In large forums like this it makes folloing your conversations so much easier.

I haven't found similar feature on this forum - did I miss it?

Yup, click on your name next to your post and press "View Forum Posts". That what you're looking for?

As far as I have ever found this feature, you have to first find a conversation that you are a part of and click on your name there. If you just go to your profile, there seems to be no way of finding your activity on the site. It's not difficult to find one post and then track down the rest from there, but I have wondered why this feature isn't in the profile page.

Edited by CoreyMBeaulieu
grammer

• Administrators

From what I can see vBulletin does not have this exposed anywhere in their interface other than the location I mentioned. It's of course possible to add with some programming, but it would have to be a really popular request to add this as our developers are all on contract and every feature costs us money. Another work around is to go to the menu and click "Private Messages". Then from the left menu you can look for the threads you are subscribed to. This assumes of course that you subscribe to threads you post in or create.

Yea, that was a very burried and unintuitive location for the feature. Even the URL is odd. As oppose to phpBB where you have /search.php?search_id=egosearch

View your posts.png

As for measureing a popular request - if people don't know the concept of the feature they cannot request it.

Over at SketchUcation it's widely used and the regulars rely on it.

Is there a plugin system for this forum framework? Wondering if it then might already be an addon for that feature...

• Administrators

ok, did a bit of digging and there is a plugin, which is installed, however you can't see it as we've wrapped the forum in a custom header. The way the header is programmatically displayed to the page is pretty complex and beyond what I can figure out, so that means it would have to be done by our developer, which means there needs to be a high demand for it. This thread will hopefully allow people to comment if they also think it's a worthwhile feature. We've gone around 8 years without it and you're the first person to ever comment on this.

Edited by Jeff Mottle

• Administrators
Another thing I notice with this list is that here it's impossible to see which one has been updated since last time you visited. And it's a list of post extracts instead of list titles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47885[/ATTACH]

Yes you can. The icon is blue or grey depending upon if there are unread posts. On the forum home page you can also see the Icon legend at the bottom of the page which shows this.