Internet Security software

I'm moving to Windows 7. I have been using the free COMODO Security Suite. I'm not sure if that is still a good way to go.

I'm considering buying the Norton suite. Any thoughts, advice./recs much appreciated.

thanks!

Thanks for your reply!

I used to use ESET NOD32. Can't recall why I stopped. I also had Norton for many years. Switched to COMODO on advice from folks on this forum.

A tech guy I know strongly recommends Norton. So... asking what folks here think now.

I used to use NOD32, it is good. To be honest though, I only use the free Microsoft software now, Windows Defender plus Security Essentials. Never had a problem using this combination on Windows 7. I agree with Nic, the whole virus thing to me just seems like scaremongering. It's pretty easy to avoid any problems if you just use your brain and avoid anything dodgy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I used to use NOD32, it is good. To be honest though, I only use the free Microsoft software now, Windows Defender plus Security Essentials. Never had a problem using this combination on Windows 7. I agree with Nic, the whole virus thing to me just seems like scaremongering. It's pretty easy to avoid any problems if you just use your brain and avoid anything dodgy.

I second that. Microsoft Security Essentials is free and I have yet to have a problem with it. Ask yourself this...out of all antivirus software out there, who has the most to gain by making Microsoft Windows virus/malware free? My answer is Microsoft.

Thank you Jason. On advice from a tech person that I have a lot of respect for, I got the Norton Anti Virus. Seems to work fine and with out the hassles and overhead that used to be part of Norton. So, no internet security or Norton 360 just the basic Anti Virus.

• 11 years later...
On 8/7/2012 at 8:56 AM, markf said:

Thanks for your reply!

I used to use ESET NOD32. Can't recall why I stopped. I also had Norton for many years. Switched to COMODO on advice from folks on this forum.

A tech guy I know strongly recommends Norton. So... asking what folks here think now.

Also, for additional protection of my PC and personal information, I use hardware token. Convenient and reliable!

Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. This means that you will no longer receive security updates and patches from Microsoft. As a result, it is important to use a security suite specifically designed for Windows 7.

COMODO Security Suite is a good option for Windows 7, but it is important to note that it is no longer in development or support. This means that it is possible that it will not be as effective at protecting your computer from new threats as a newer package.

Norton Security is a popular option for Windows 7. It is a paid package that offers many features, including antivirus, antispyware, firewall, and parental controls. Norton Security has a good reputation for protecting against malware and other threats.

However, Norton Security has also been criticized for its performance and resource usage. Some users report that this may slow down their computers.

Overall, I would recommend using a security suite that is specifically designed for Windows 7. If you are thinking about purchasing Norton Security, I would recommend doing a little research to find out if it is suitable for your needs.

On 8/7/2012 at 5:24 AM, markf said:

I'm moving to Windows 7. I have been using the free COMODO Security Suite. I'm not sure if that is still a good way to go.

I'm considering buying the Norton suite. Any thoughts, advice./recs much appreciated.

thanks! gb whatsapp pro

First of all, I'm so sorry I know this is an old discussion but I'm transitioning to Windows 7 and have been relying on the free COMODO Security Suite. Unsure if it's still a viable option, I'm contemplating purchasing the Norton suite. I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts, advice, or recommendations on the matter.

Edited by babi2