How to make it look more realistic?

Krisztian Gulyas

What can do to make it look more realistic? I know there are problems with the lighting, shadows and the with the pillows' textures (and i dont like that sunset/sunrise "headboard", but i had no desire to change it now) but i dont know exactly what should i do to make it more photorealistic. Thank you in advance.

Interior desing 2.jpg

One thing that would help is to chamfer the edges of the bed a bit. It now looks like you could slice yourself open on it.

Overall, spending some extra time on material tutorials will also help I think.

oh, and what's that thing in the corner?

Actually I modeled everything seperatly. I mean i was learning new modeling techniques and i made the bed firs, after the chair, the lamp etc.

Yes, you're right, I'm not really good at texturing. But thanks for pointing it out the baseboard (and everything else too, but) i totally forgot about that. and the rug is looked differently in the viewport (everything was right, just after the final render i saw the problem). But i dont care now, I mean the next image will be better.

I'm sorry but i meant i will make another room and take your advices. I was looking at showrooms and i will try to make a similar in 3d, like you said. I needed some advice so I can make a better image next time. And Scott, i appreciate your help, now I know what i need to improve the most. You said the chair is ugly, the lamp just doesn't fit and that i should use reference images etc. So i will take your advice and i'll make a higher quality image. I said i dont care about this image because i posted this so you can see what the problems are. Now that you told me, I can make a better one. And i'm sorry again.

Edited by krisztiangulyas

Best tip i can give , which was given to me years ago when i started ou

Good artist copy, great artist steal

Pablo picasso.

Get a great interior image .. now copy and remodel everything about it. Keep comparing your render to it. Light it exactly.

When you get good at that and hit it spot on, choose another image and do another one .. and another .. and another.

Thats how you can develop an eye for a good interior shot instead of blindly modelling furniture and throwing things together.

After doing a few hundred of those, you will naturally know whats a great view , great shot etc.