Vray ExtraTex AO Render Element not working

legi008

Hi,

I'm making a movie clip in 3ds max and i'm rendering the files with all the render element. All the passes are working great exept the Vray ExtraTex. It render a whole black image. I follow every tuto on the internet and i correctly put a VrayDirt and the texture slot but it is not seems to work.

Any idea's ?

If the map is setup properly and then placed properly into the texture slot, then all should be well. Dirt maps turn black when they hit inverted faces and when there are Vraylight planes in the scene and you don tick "work with transparency"

How is your dirt map setup?

You can tick "force 2-sided" in the common tab of the render setup menu to resolve inverted face issues.

the work with transparency option is in the dirt map and is for vray plane lights.

it sounds like you have done things right. try simply deleting the element you added and doing another.

Are you trying to exclude anything from it? maybe you accidentally excluded all thing? this really should be simple.

the work with transparency option is in the dirt map and is for vray plane lights.

My fault. I tick it but same problem.

I took off the excluded object. Same problem

I think the problem is my computer. I load the same scene on a friend computer and the ExtraTex work well on his computer :/

Well, in the end, if you need the pass and things aren't working, use the same dirt map you made and place into the diffuse color slot of a vray light material. Then use the light material as an override and render it with all lights and GI off. Be sure to tick "compensate for exposure" and "Multiply with Opacity" and "emit light on backside". I usually hide glass during this so that all objects get occluded.