Full time C4D and workflow

skala67

I have been out of the game for a few years now (I am still the proud owner of R10.5) and will be diving back into the world of Arch Viz. Previously I would model in FormZ and then import into C4D/Vray for texturing/lighting/rendering etc.. I will be upgrading to R14 and have decided to, due to increase in efficiency of workflow and decrease in time spent, streamline the process and do all of the work in C4D. In the older version, snapping, work planes, etc were not very strong and therefore I found it hard to model efficiently and accurately. It looks like they have worked out alot of those issues and appears that importing a DWG and building off of that in different viewports is very intuitive. Is this the case? If so, what successes have you had, and how are you setting up your files to start creating accurate architectural models? Any advice on top of that is welcome too!

Thanks in advance,

TJ

There are a lot of improvements since 10.5 The dwg import is good, but still flawed in a few ways though they can be worked around easily enough. I can explain in detail another time. But you have Xrefs, realworld units, Mograph, physics and basic sculpting. More importantly, the render engine is lightyears ahead of where it was. I usually still use vRay, but the stock engine is pretty close in many ways, especially stills. Cinema's still super-stable, too.

I still do certain modeling/organizing client CAD files in my CAD program, DataCad, and you can use FormZ, and transfer back and forth.