Need Website Help (CSS)

braddewald

I have a simple CSS problem with a website template I just purchased and (since I have no knowledge of CSS or HTML at all) need a little bit of help working it out. Would anybody here be willing to lend me a hand or, alternatively, know of an online forum that would be helpful? Thanks.

EDIT: The problem is that the web page is elastic, but on my portfolio page there is an photo gallery that is 940px wide. So the website looks fine on mobile devices except that the gallery element is "sticking out" to the right on mobile devices.

Edited by braddewald

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the images in your portfolio just need to be told not to exceed the width of the container they sit in.

There are a few ways to do this, depending on how your site is set up.

You could set width of your images in percent, instead of pixels. For example, it seems like your template already knows how to scale the containers properly. So just set your images to "width: 100%;". This method depends on the container(s) being set up properly.

Your template *might* be doing something more complicated, like stepping up or down your container size based on the screen size of the user. If that's the case, you'd have to manually set the image size for however many screen sizes are specified (sorry if that's confusing).

Can you provide a URL to your site?