Modelling over Photo Render not the same in Output Render

Sketchrender

Hi

MAy be a simple question for some.

I am modelling over a photo.

I have the photo dims in the output size.

If I set up the basic blocks in the view port, the render is not the same on output.

So can someone explain this to me, I presume it is Field of view?

But if Model with Field of View is on , it is not the same either.

Can you point out my stupid mistake please.

phil

I don't know that I fully understand what you are after, but if you are trying to say, model a building into a photograph and use that photo as a back plate in a Sim then there are few other things to consider.

There are a couple ways to bring a photo into max, but my personal favorite is to bring it through the material editor as a bitmap. Set the mapping to environment and then choose screen mode. Hit (8) and then plug that map into the background map slot and tick use map. Lastly, hit (alt+b) to open the background settings and tick "use environment background." Now, as long as your camera in max is the same as the one in the photo and the render dimensions are correct, everything will look right when safe frame is on.

if not, maybe try:

If you are lucky, you can right click on the image in a folder view (not max) and read the properties to find out the meta data of the image (FOV,ISO.Lens MM/etc). Or Maybe you took the photo yourself and already know it. If you have matched this information properly and things aren't lining up, maybe you are unknowingly using a camera with a crop and you need to adjust for it. I always forget what direction to go, but many cameras crop at 1.5 so if you have 50mm meta data then try 75mm and/or 33.33mm in max.

Unless your image is orthogonal, you are going to have to model from the camera view (with field of view on).