General discusion about noise problem with Vray

Boris Horosavin

OK, I know that this issue has been discussed million times already. I also know of various tips and tricks on how to reduce noise (most of them being time and hardware demanding).

But yet, I'm really pissed off every time I encounter this problem with no obvious reason.

Yesterday I arranged rather simple interior scene and intended to produce render in an hour or two. But for some reason I got this heavy noise because of which I had to boost up all the settings and migrate from adaptive DMC to fixed sampling. So at this point I can expect my render to be done in about 12h, if I'm lucky and yet there is still some noise left.

Fhat the wuck!? Why did this happen? There is nothing wrong with materials or lighting that could cause this problem. There are some plants in front of window area, maybe their transparency could cause some mess but not at this level (I hope).

I accept the fact that noise can occur if you don't follow some basic rules in Vray but I really hate when something like this happens randomly. If somebody more experienced has any suggestion I'm ready to try anything, though I fear it's just running in circles.

I'll post the image as soon as it is done.