Incremental Add FG Points/ Splotchy Issue

I have been trying to render an animation and have been running into an issue I am hoping someone can help me with.

I am rendering an interior animation with Mental Ray using FG and GI. The scene is lit with a daylight system and photometric can lights and finally mr Portal lights.

First I calculated the GI and all is good. I calculated the GI photon map and switched to read only.

Then I turned the photometric lights on and figured out the Final Gather solution and again...everything looked good...for the still render. I then incrementally added the FG points every 10 frames and saved the FG map. Then I turned on the mr portal lightsIand switched the renderer to read only for the FG map and when the first frame of the animation processed it had splotches that were not in the test renders.

Any ideas?

I wonder if I need to up the increments of my FG map? I did try every 20 frames and every 10 frames and had the same issue. I also tried ditching the mr portal lights, adding and dropping bounces to the FG --- and everything I try ends with splotches still tha were not visible on the test render.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you have!

Andrew