RAW Vray render in VFB sharp - photoshop not sharp?

scostumatu

Hi

I have noticed that the final rendered image in the VFB is supershap, and then i save it as a TIF 16bit color and open in photoshop and the sharpness/crispness isnt there?

was wondering how i would get around this and if there is a proper way of saving it as per the VFB image?

THanks

S

Hi John,

I've taken out some test renders in tiff formats with different settings(dots per inch) and compared it with screen capture of VFB window at 800px.I cant see much of a difference.It might be illusion if you're rendering a resolution larger than the resolution of your pc monitor.It shows jagged edges because VFB tries to fit that resolution in smaller window which gives impression of very sharp render.If that this the case then try to zoomin-out in Photoshop & at some level you may see it sharp just like VFB.

Can you post the closeup screen captures ??

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your help much appreciated.

you are 100% right

Hi John,

I've taken out some test renders in tiff formats with different settings(dots per inch) and compared it with screen capture of VFB window at 800px.I cant see much of a difference.It might be illusion if you're rendering a resolution larger than the resolution of your pc monitor.It shows jagged edges because VFB tries to fit that resolution in smaller window which gives impression of very sharp render.If that this the case then try to zoomin-out in Photoshop & at some level you may see it sharp just like VFB.

Can you post the closeup screen captures ??