CPU Maximum Frequency in Resource Monitor

I have a machine in my render setup which is under performing by 60%, (according to backburner's performance index and the frame render times).

I thought it was the network connection initially as it was the only machine running on a 100mbs net card, but I've changed that now and it hasn't helped.

Looking into the resource monitor on that machine it seems that the Maximum CPU frequency is around 39% (which is not far off what I'm seeing in back burner) and only occasionally jumps to maybe 70% when a new frame is starting to render, but immediately drops to 39% again. All my other machines appear to be operating at 100% during rendering.

I'd like to get this number up from 39% to 100%, but not sure how to do this. Any ideas? All the power settings are set to 100% best performance, not made any difference.

Overheating maybe leads to your CPU throttling itself down to protect it?

Is your case well ventilated / fans spinning / fans clean of dust / heatsink fins clean etc?

Also some times there is issue with TIM (thermal interface material) between heatsink (HS) and CPU. Some of them set really brittle after a few days or months of thermal load. A sudden impact / move of the HS, might break them, creating air-gaps between an unevenly rest HS on the CPU and with that break the thermal bridge (or severely obstruct it) between the two objects. Solution is ofc to remove the HS, clean both the HS and CPU completely of the old TIM and re-apply a new layer of the latter before re-assembling the HS on the CPU.