Strange Behavior from Particles

Matt Sugden

Can anyone shed some light on this....

I have arrows being emitted from a particle emitter, and they are using a 'speed by icon' modifier, which is constrained to a path. As you can see they are heading down the direction of the path, but the problem I am encountering is that when they generate, usually for only a single frame, the arrows point the wrong way. I have 'steer towards trajectory ticked', so I'm just a bit stumped as to why this is happening. Can anyone suggest why this could be?

I've tried, re-aligning the arrow's pivot point, makes no difference. It's really bugging me.

Grab.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is legit, but it seems to be working. Drop a plain Speed modifier before the Speed by Icon. Default set to Along Icon Arrow.

Now I can't get it to orient right w/o a Rotation set to Speed Space Follow, so I may be doing something different from you. Still, give it a try. "A correct solution is one that works."

I don't know if this is legit, but it seems to be working. Drop a plain Speed modifier before the Speed by Icon. Default set to Along Icon Arrow.

Now I can't get it to orient right w/o a Rotation set to Speed Space Follow, so I may be doing something different from you. Still, give it a try. "A correct solution is one that works."

This seems to work.... how bizarre. Thanks