Vray doesn't make use of my Graphic Card

Hi There,

Im working with 3Dmax/Vray 1.6! I just bought a new graphic card (Nvidia quadro 2000) but it seems that Vray doesn't make use of the graphic card at all. In my task manager I can see that my CPU goes up to close to 100% when I thought it would never use up to 100% if vray makes use of the graphic card!

How can I setup my system/3dmax/vray that it makes use of the new graphic card instead of the CPU????

Looking forward to some help!

Jan

VrayRT uses the Graphics card, normal Vray only uses GPU

Did you mean CPU?

AFAIK VRay RT uses GPU for RT rendering unless you set to CPU mode. CUDA and OpenCL modes use the GPU (Graphics card) and regular VRay rendering uses CPU only.

If that's the case Jan, set Active Shade engine to VRay RT and in the settings panel select CUDA or OpenCL and hit render (or Active Shade button?) and you will get a frame buffer window with your interactive render.

Hello Friends,

A Graphics card is used to display better pictures and overall performance to the pc. They help games look and play better and give better resolution. A graphics card is a plug in card used to replace or update the normal video in the pc. The types are as follows, PCI, AGP, PCI-E( PCI- express) and as of now they are the best to use with new systems.

We usually use graphic cards to make our overall gaming experience better, and or video editing , authoring. Also a graphics card has it's own ram(memory) which it will use in place of taking the pc's ram. making your pc run faster and better. Without a graphics card, you would be using on board or intergraded graphics. intergraded graphics share the pc's ram, Leaving you with less ram to perform all your day to day activities. A graphics card will help your computer work faster and better. Graphics cards do not effect any discs at all. all your discs will work the same with or without a graphics card.

Thanks and Regards

Steven Arnold

Thank you guys! I think its time for me to upgrade to Vray 2.0! ;-)

Just remember, a Quadro 2000 is not much of a computation beast, so probably you won't be amazed by its RT GPU performance...

It could be a good idea to test it to a friend with similar hardware beforehand, so that you won't be underwhelmed after dropping the money for the 2.x upgrade...