Loft interior

juanjimenez

Looks good. I presume the noise was intentional? The only thing I'd say is the brick looks like it should be quite rough. Get some bump or even better some displacement on it. Also the TV looks a bit wired as white. Either put something on the screen or have it black so it's turned off.

Nice composition though. Well done.

The noise is because it takes more time to refine the image, but at that point, I felt that level of noise was acceptable. About the bricks, yes, there is too much bump, maybe I should have worked on a bump map that works better. And yes, the tv looks weird, I should find a solution for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice image.

I believe your light and mood is right, but I think you could elevate the overall impression with a better model:

• sharp corners/90deg planes: those corners in furniture and/or structural details are too sharp. You should try to fillet or at least chamber the edges on all the edges - at least those that will appear close to the camera. The "rounded corners" ruby works wonders doing that. Chamfering (called "sharp corners in the tool's options) is good enough and doesn't increase your polygon count that much.
  • Material transition + edges: again, you cannot have zero point transition from one material to another - unless we are talking vinyl decals or paint. This brick would have some thickness, the brick wall could not merge with the floor that perfectly etc.
    Small construction and expansion joints are mandatory between different construction materials in real life (just like the formwork lines in the concrete material you've used, or the bricks, no-matter how big the "building block" is, it is joined with the next one forming even a minute shadow/recess).
    Push your planes a bit further, fold the material around the corners etc, just to create those minimal (we are talking few mm or 1/16") gaps.
    In this case, the floor would probably not have the brick overlay to begin with...all white would look much better, and ofc there is no way to actually construct a flat slab 12"/25cm thick like the one we see here out of brick, so it is not made out of brick, it is purely an aesthetic choice of a fake overlay that doesn't really work for you, so do without it etc. This kind of thought becomes more obvious when you know how stuff are put together, something that unfortunately even architects (or interior architects) neglect to do.

Those are minute changes, that will really take your images to a new level.

Study assembly diagrams or real life photos to see and understand how stuff come together - something 2D architectural drawings won't give you outside of large scale construction details.

Edited by dtolios