Windows 8 Lenovo Yoga 3

I got the machine above to have a portable device. I no longer get into the renderings like I used to.

I mostly use Revit for Architecture. Regardless, this machine is a touchscreen. It is my first touchscreen machine.

I am not sure if its the fact that I see not use for a TS outside of maybe some web browsing.. How do you guys feel about the new computer with the touchscreens?

I doubt that you could even use them for Photoshop work and I do not think they are anything like wacom.

I do look at PDF's quite often, and it is nice to zoom an pan with my fingers.

Anyway, does anyone else have a touchscreen computer? what / when do you use the TS. What are your thoughts on the technology etc.

After a couple of weeks with a Dell Inspiron 23" (under Win 7), I would say that the experience was positive, though myself concluded that the touch interface is definitely not meant for productivity tasks. Casual web browsing and/or photo browsing is easy with the touch feature, tho again other than impressing your friends who don't expect a touch interface in a large screen, it is not more useful or faster than a mouse.

The vertical orientation and the sheer size of a desktop screen is also not very helpful, as you have to do large movements when picking links and/or buttons that lie in oposite ends of the screen....instead of moving your wrist/fingers a couple of cm/inches, you have to run your hand back and forth in large legths, leading to unavoidably slow steps between each click.

Perhaps a horizontal or nearly horizontal screen with proper sensitivity (ala Wacom Cintiq) would work much better, but we are not there yet - not at the price point of the average all-in-one desktop. A pen is also a must for any kind of precision work, unless you use it to had paint etc and entertain your family/kids. Thats a given to most professionals using tablets already, and it won't really change in the future as our fingers are too thick for proper "aiming" and control