Batzal Roof Designer

Jock

So I've got a job coming up which should be quite challenging and on the back of that its spurred me into looking at my workflow and ways to improve it. Two plugins im interested in and seem great working with the lite versions is forestpack and railclone but thats for another thread.

Another one is Batzal roof designer as its quite clear that I could make quite an improvement if i was to model my roofs as opposed to flat textures which is what i tend to use at the moment.

I've downloaded it and had a play about but seem to be getting stuck on what i assume should be very simple issues.

The first is i cant seem to find a way to put horizontal gaps between my slates. I only need a few mm's, but a gap none the less.

The next one is texturing. I thought this would work a treat and i envisaged that you could set random material id's which would then allow me to use the multitexture material to apply say 10 different slate textures and then allow for small variances. When i go through the motions it only seems to use 2 id's and even then it has them in some awful pattern as opposed to random and i have set it to have 10 id's but it doesnt seem to make a difference.

Thanks

Hello.

I've not used this plugin to model roof tiles but use this on a regular basis. atiles Have a look at it, it's fantastic for a free script.

If you do want to use Batzal's roof generator, can you add a material by element modifier on to your roof tiles and then assign a multi/sub object material with all your variations on it? It relies on each tile being it's own element but it might help you out.

I can't answer on how to create gaps between your tiles as like I said I've not used it. Hopefully someone else can answer that for you.