Vray Environment Fog with opacity maps

Roodogg

I'm not surprised that you are having trouble with fog. It tends to screw everything up for post production. You would likely do well to render you image straight and then apply a black light materiel, or just general matte material and render the fog.

Fog is a good tool, but a pain to work with when it gets baked in.

Vray takes opacity into account, see my example of VrayEnvironmentPass featuring opacity mapped leaves. Also, make sure your opacity is strictly black/white, and with set filtering "off" (instead of pyramide or sum).

Make your material check under refraction properties "affect shadows" and "affect all channels". Try again to see if it helps. From head, nothing comes to my mind why this would troubleshoot you.

I'm not surprised that you are having trouble with fog. It tends to screw everything up for post production. You would likely do well to render you image straight and then apply a black light materiel, or just general matte material and render the fog.

Fog is a good tool, but a pain to work with when it gets baked in.

Yes, unless you feel you must, never render baked in fog. Apply BlackLightMaterial to everything EXCEPT for the opacity mapped leaves. Apply similar material (blacklightmtl) but with opacitymap. This will render very fast your correct fog pass in VrayEnvironmentPass. Best applying as "screen" layer in post.