mohamad

1355050334.jpg

Studio/Institution: freelance
Client: self challenge
Genre: Other
Software: 3ds max 2013
Description:

Hello dears,

After my last self challenge (Making Schwerin Theater), I decided to reconstruct "Milan Cathedral" but always was busy and couldn't work on it well. Now I hope do it with your warm welcomes and supports.

Let's Start!

Yeah, looks amazing...if you keep up with this rate, you might be able to finish it in a few years (well, fewer than what the real thing needed) - the temple has a few thousands fully sculptured statues...Maybe you should start with the architecture 1st, and then fill-in embellishments.

Nothing like hanging around Duomo

this is going to be good

a massive undertaking of a very impressive building

I hope it going to be great!

Lets have a sweepstake for final polygon count! I wonder if it will be un renderable if you keep up this level of detail!

I'm not worry about the polygons. I have some thinks to solve the problems. Just enjoy man :)

Yeah, looks amazing...if you keep up with this rate, you might be able to finish it in a few years (well, fewer than what the real thing needed) - the temple has a few thousands fully sculptured statues...Maybe you should start with the architecture 1st, and then fill-in embellishments.

Nothing like hanging around Duomo

I hope after make some parts, my speed going up. it's my free time project and just can do it in my free times and of course I just want do it and time is not so important for me. My modeling speed is not bad., just be patient :)

... and number 3 is here:

msaatchi_millan_05_12-19-12.jpg

Edited by mohamad

ah, sorry. I have been distracted by the image :-)

No prob man!

Mohammad, after seeing many of your posts on your previous challenge I do look forward to seeing where this goes. However, I think you should have chosen a more complex building to model instead of sissy-ing out on this 'afternooner'.

Best of luck.

LOL! it's good idea. I must think about it! thanks for the wish.

------------

I will not try to make all of details (for control speed and polygons count) and also I try to increase my speed. For this, Each time I become more familiar with the project and then make some changes in my modeling way and details level.

Here is the status number 6:

msaatchi_millan_07_12-21-12.jpg

After amount one Week, I'm in the good way as I think and now, Know that how much work on details and how work on the models for better result and lower polygons. So now I will going to make heads. When I finish this part, I will work on material and make needed changes in the models. I'm so interest to see what will going. How about you?! cool.gif

Great. I have to keep visiting your thread to view your great work and salute you. Amazing...

p.s. going by that neck hole, it seems like 3D (as in round, all around) and not a relief like flattened thing, which I had guessed earlier, is it?

Edited by umeshraut

Great. I have to keep visiting your thread to view your great work and salute you. Amazing...

p.s. going by that neck hole, it seems like 3D (as in round, all around) and not a relief like flattened thing, which I had guessed earlier, is it?

Yes, statuses aren't flat and as I said, just work on visible pieces for control polygons count and manage time.

-----------

Oh, I must work on some high priority project for just 1 week. So wait and have a happy Christmas. I wish best year for you with peace and love.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for this long delay. I become too busy these days. JUst want tell you that my next book will publish on March 2013 and my first book may publish as printed book in America and Europe ( I just reviewing publishers offers).

Be patient like me!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...