Which is better quadro 2000,1GB or 670GTX,2GB

davidkokot

Please see this enlightening response by Dimitris for the exact same question:

1) The Quadro 2000 is in general a very weak GPU as far as GTX Geforce's go. The GTX 670 will definitely beat it in GPU renderings, just like GTX 560 / 560ti / 570 / 580 etc.

I really never had the 2000 to work with, so I don't know how it performs in viewport acceleration.

I have the FX1700 @ work, and it is mediocre, but it is a much older card. I doubt you will have much of an issue with a GTX 560ti 2GB to get good viewport acceleration, and a 670 2GB will only make it better.

The 670 has multiple times the CUDA cores the Quadro 2000 has, but those are not directly comparable, as the Kepler (6xx) cards use using completely different CUDA core architecture. As an example, the GTX 680 - the current flagship based on Kepler arch, cannot outperform the GTX 580 (Fermi Architecture) in GPU rendering, despite having 3x times the CUDA cores and the same memory bandwidth.

The Quadro 2000 tho, having 7x less, and much much slower clock and RAM speed than the 670 is no match - at least for brute force calculations.

In Viewport acceleration they might be comparable due to driver optimizations for the Quadro, but low end Quadros are and should be gradually phased out as they no longer provide the goods they promise over the much cheaper mainstream cards.

The new k5000 are smoking fast these have to be the fastest cards to date. I was having issues at first but it was all worth the frustration of the bugs!!!! The two k5000 cards cost a pretty penny but you get what you pay for!!! If you have the money it is well worth the investment. They are GPU based cards open CL witch is the new deal. What we did not know when you render in CPU production mode with passes they are smoking fast!!!! And in open CL active shader. I telling you these will be the new big thing in the CG market. They are a game changer.

"Hey guys, any recommendation on economical but spacious cars? I've been considering the Toyota Camry or the Honda Accord."

"I have the perfect recommendation for you! I just got a Bugatti Veyron, it's fantastic, should be perfect for your needs."

I kid...

But really: GTX 670 - $375, Quadro 2000 - $400, K5000 - $1,800