The ways of objects organizing

davidallen

Ha! Very funny! I need the functionality of the group. How can layers help me? For example, I have a table. There is cloth, spoons, forks, dishes, glasses on the table. To move the table I need to select all objects. I want to select and move the table only as I do in a group.

You could link all the objects to one common parent, like the table. That's essentially a group that's always open.

Then use 'page up' (select parent), 'page down' (select children), 'ctrl + page down' (select children + keep parent selected) to navigate the selections. I believe those commands can be customized too.

You could link all the objects to one common parent, like the table. That's essentially a group that's always open.

Then use 'page up' (select parent), 'page down' (select children), 'ctrl + page down' (select children + keep parent selected) to navigate the selections. I believe those commands can be customized too.

Great! Eric, this is exactly what I need!

I didn't pay much attention to linking. I was wrong when thought it was related to animation only.

Thank you so much!