Which is the best solution for Tree in animation?

etayu

Recently,i'm working on an architecture animation,and i find out rendering a cluster of trees with VR2side mtl is very painful....

the tree that i use have at least 80,000 polygon

My question is which is the best solution for trees in Close-up and Long Shot?and it must be realistic.

Thanks!:)

What system do you have? Thats the first thing the render time depends on.

The main problem besides the polygons and system is the material. For the trees which are not in closeup, pick a simple material with a lowres texture, no bump, specular etc. maps. Maybe you have to pick an other tree model if you duplicate them a lot. I also recommend using a scatter plugin, such as multiscatter.

2 side material requires longer render time, because is 2 side material! now this is not that bad, but is the price that you need to pay if you want better transparency, now what you can do is separate all your trees as Close up trees, Medium and background, then only apply 2 side mat to the close ups trees, then simple transparency to the second layer and maybe not transparency at all to the very background all depend of your hardware, maybe you can render the tress in a separate layer or so.