FormZ 7: Legacy Interface?

erickdt

Hi All,

In anticipation of a new position at a new company I decicided to download and re-familiarize myself with my old friend FormZ. For many years I used and loved using FormZ for modeling. Much to my chagrin, when I downloaded a demo of the newest version of the software (version 7) I find that they've completely changed the interface. Why they've decided to do this is beyond me as the previous interface worked extremely well and was very easy to use...

Anyway, I am wondering if there's a way in this new version to revert back to the old interface much in the same way that you can revert back to AutoCAD classic in AutoCAD if you don't wish to use thier silly ribbon interface.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

E

Hi Steve,

I spoke with FormZ tech support and there is no way to revert back to the legacy interface in the new version. That being said, with time I am growing to appreciate the new interface. It's just different which isn't necessarily a bad thing...

E

• 2 weeks later...

We have had quite a few users (we are formZ resellers) ask the same question. I think for many long time users the change in interface was hard to get used to. I know for me it was hard to break habits from 16 years of use. But in the end I feel it is a better interface and certainly more powerful design tools. We have directed a lot of our users to the formZ 7 tutorial videos and between watching these and spending time in version 7 most are really appreciating the change in interface. Would be great to see some tutorials specifically geared towards this type of transition!