acrylic glass

pushkarsingh

hi folks,

this is my first post on cgarchitect so m hoping ur preisious advise will be helpful for me. am an freelancer and right now m getting one issue :( for acrylic glass i have played lot of things on max but m not getting acrylic glass result(actually m making acrylic glass table). so could anyone help me out how i can make it perfect for my project :)

software : autodesk 3D max design, vray

here as i played i am showing u my setting i made A&D translucent plastic materials for both box plans. i have set ior 1.49 on refrection trasperncy is 0.75, glosiness 0.75 weight is 0.2. In my m using vrayphycam n two omin lights on the side corner of the boxes n one omni target light over the boxes .... so refrection is not going well as u can c on image... help me out

acrylic.jpg

Don't use raytrace. Jesus, why on earth are you using VRay when you clearly have no idea how to use it?

With Vray you don't use anything other than the VRay materials, so no raytrace, no arch & design, no standard material, nothing. You don't use omni lights, spotlights or any other standard max lights UNLESS you set the shadows to vray shadow.

You should really just get this figured out with a VRAY MATERIAL.

Fog has units which makes it difficult to help you set a default value for but the value for me is usually very low, like 0.001. Sometimes even 0.0001. There is even times when at that low of a value, the glass is coming out too colored. For this I use the Fog Bias. Positive values should make your less colors while still seeming tinted.

Over all though. You should always aim to render Vray Materials in Vray and forget about Arch and Deign and Standard. They may work, but I guarantee that at some point in time, they will be the reason you don't deliver on time.

Hey. Be as sarcastic as you'd like. The fact of the matter is that you are new to Vray and rather than learning the tool at hand you are resorting to older practices. You came to a forum for someone to just tell you how to do it and when that didn't happen you decided looking into the suggested ideas wasn't worth it. That's fine. Some day a scene is going to freeze in the middle of you rendering and after hours of searching, you are going to find out that it was a Raytrace Map. Just don't say no one told you that was a possibility.

As your latest rendering... Looking better. however that happened. you are going to want to add an Environment Reflection Override or something though to truly see how it will look in the end. Also, the lighting is really dim. another thing that isn't really testing your material.