Exterior Glass Material and Lighting

shwetajaiswal

Honestly, That lighting looks like no GI, scanline render. I don;t if I mean that literally, but the lighting is pretty harsh and I wouldn't really recommend it unless you are in need of this particular effect. For Vray, I would use the HDRI lighting setup, or at the very least a sun and skydome.

As to the glass... good glass is all about good reflections. To amp up reflection I will often time blend a standard glass material with a chrome type material then render the image with the hdri either visible or copied into the environment. To get more color you can use the fog color settings in your material.

That is probably the worst example you could ever pull out and hope to emulate. It's just bad all around. If you want to figure out glass, you need to choose an actual picture of an actual building. See how glass reacts in real life, not some barely presentable CG image from 2007. Did you find that image or were you given that image and asked to recreate something like that?

Most of us have our own little spins on how to light scenes and make materials. There is no create great lights/materials solution to rule all solutions. If you are looking for one, you'll get a rather poor image like you posted. You are an artist, create art and learn what works and doesn't work. Why does everyone just want to be spoon fed the same info over and over again? There are probably hundreds of the same glass questions posted here on CG Architect.

Corey has given you some good starter tips, but ultimately it's up to you to experiment. If you need tutorials, oh I don't know, maybe try Google. I hear that searching for things on the internet yields results these days.

Rant>