Drop the fax line?

jackbird

Are you guys encountering clients still using faxes to transmit documents?

I just noticed that the last time I received a fax was over a year ago - everyone seems to have switched to scanned PDFs via email.

Although my fax line is only $7/month, cutting it is money in my pocket and I can still send faxes on the voice line if I ever need to. On the other hand, I don't want to be in a situation where a client needs to send me a fax and I have to look unprofessional and babysit the machine.

Are you guys encountering clients still using faxes to transmit documents?

I just noticed that the last time I received a fax was over a year ago - everyone seems to have switched to scanned PDFs via email.

Although my fax line is only $7/month, cutting it is money in my pocket and I can still send faxes on the voice line if I ever need to. On the other hand, I don't want to be in a situation where a client needs to send me a fax and I have to look unprofessional and babysit the machine.

Have not used a fax machine for over 3 years... Do not even remember what it looks like...::))

• 2 weeks later...

I think you look more professional without a fax machine...

I get angry when someone sends me a scanned fax of a material sample. Thats really annoying. I mean really, they scanned a fax? Then want me to make a material out of the grey smudge they emailed me? ****ers. Kill the fax.

• Administrators

I still have a virtual fax number for incoming and a fax machine sitting on my desk to send faxes. I've been getting and sending fewer and fewer, but it still gets used a few times a year. Reading this thread does make me question if it's worth regaining some desk space and saving myself $50 a year. I find the only times I use it are for government agencies, insurance companies and about 5% of advertisers. hmmmmmm...

I still have one for those clients that still want to fax.

I use faxaway.com they give you a number and it comes via email, you can also scan and

send via email to fax for like .11 a fax. Replenish for $10 at a time. I spend about $10 a year with it.