Problem with specular highlights (?)

jovanarh

Hello guys!

I attached my rendering so you have better understanding of my problem. I am using vray 1.5 in 3ds Max and I am using vray materials... I have one vray light just below the ceiling and 8 IES lights on the ceiling. I have this bright shiny dots on the wooden door that I don`t want and it is beacuse of the IES lights! I tried many options turning them on and off... but did not have any success... Does anybody know what is this, why it is happening or at least what is it connected to (material, ies, or vray parameters)?? How can I avoid these ''golden dust''?

Thank you in advance!

22.jpg

What are the material settings of the door, especially all the reflection settings? Your IES, are they 'Luminaries' you downloaded that came with their physical representation such as geometry representation? If yes, you may have Raytrace materials on them...

Thanks to everyone for your quick replies and sorry for late response. It is only now that I could open my model...

Ismael, I don`t know much about IES lights, it was the first time I used them, so a firend gave me a folder with 30 or so lights, I cannot give you an answer for I don`t understand quite well what you are asking me :). Material that I used is evermotion material, I did not changed anything, I just imported it as it is. I tried turning off ''raytrace tracking'' (if that is what you mean) but I di not like it, for I lost all the reflections and the door looked flat...

Francisco, thanks for you advice! I think it is working!!!! When I checked this option now it looks more realistic and the highlights are very small, one can still sees them but they are tottaly acceptable in my opinion!

Salvador, I tried color clamping as well, and I changed its level, but I did not see any change...

Thank you guys for your time and your help!! I really appreciate it! Because this bothered me quite a lot, I could not find the reason, after 4 hours looking for the answer on internet I could not find anything...

Cheers!