Higher settings does not = higher quality.

mariosantana

-Irradiance Min/Max rate could be a bit lower. For min you don't need more than 1 or 2, for max 3-4 is enough.

The clr tresh should be around 0.2-0.3, dist thres 0.2 (0.1-0.3), Nrm thres 0.1.

-For LC subdivs I dont use more than 2000. I think it's not necessary, but it doesn't affect rendertime that much so you can set it higher if you want.

For LC sample size I use 0.005-0.01.

-Noise threshold is around 0.002-0.005 for high quality (I think 0.001 is too small).

Try with these settings and see if it's good enough for you and enjoy the faster render :)

EDIT: For Irradiance map I use -1 to 0 for min and 1 or (rarely) 2 for max (maybe 0 if min is -1). The above settings are nonsene about the irradiance map Min/Max rate, too high numbers.

Edited by krisztiangulyas

Half answer, half question, but shouldn't IR Map settings be in the negative? A value of 0 means the IR Map has the same resolution as the final image, a -1 is half the resolution, -2 is a quarter and so on. Do the above settings mean the IR Map has a range of 8 (min 3) to 32 (max 5) times the image resolution? Seems excessive.

VRay Rino is based on the same VRay Max, Maya, Softimage SKetchup and so on, no need to purchase other software to get better renderings, Ben Norkin is right, the values you post are on the overkill side, The help information that come with VRay explain this in detail and with simple examples.

Form your first image, all that noise can be mostly for the sample of your light source (Shadows samples default 8) and your camera exposure to dark, also if you place some lighting inside of your room it will help the whole GI.

You can read hundred of tutorial regarding interior illumination with V Ray and apply exactly the same concepts to your scene.