Room with a view

Guest sachinwalvekar

My initial thought is that you need some blue light coming in through the open doors as it's internally lit like a night time render. The whole ambience should be blue as it looks like your trying to achieve a night time render. Is the lighting you were trying for?

Guest sachinwalvekar

Thanks Andy. You are absolutely correct. The floor GI is spilling into the walls and the ceiling. I was a bit confused if it was correct, to keep it as it is.....I do want a day time ambiance.

I will make the corrections.

I like the image but it seems very flat to me, missing a sense of depth. I agree that the lighting does not work for the time of day. The light seems to only be coming from the ceiling but the recessed lights are not on.? It appears that the room is evenly light so each wall is receiving the same amount of light. I think this is causing the depth issue. The shadows are a good indicator of the light source and they do not match the light coming in from the open doors. I think with some lighting adjustments and the blue light as Andy stated that your image will really pop and look great. Keep up the great work Sachin.

Guest sachinwalvekar

Thanks Kirt. I agree. I will work towards incorporating your comments and post the revised render.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sachinwalvekar

Hi Andy & Kirt,

Thanks for your comments. If you find time, please do let me know your comments for the corrected image posted here.

room with a view - 12 march.jpg

Edited by sachinwalvekar

Hi Sachin. The image is getting better. The lighting change helped bring depth into the scene. The texture on the table, chairs, and entertainment center seem flat and unpolished. Also the corners seem to have too strong of a V-Ray Dirt affect on them. I have found some reference images that might help you push the image a little further. You are on the right track so keep up the great work!

beachVilla.jpg

beachVilla02.jpg

beachVilla01.jpg

beachVilla03.jpg

Dear Sachin,

First, the issue with floor GI - vray has a GI override material that takes out this type of spills.

Then the overall composition stuff: I feel the placement of BG image itself tells you its off the cradle; the horizon and tree tops don't match at all in this schema (I believe both are part of one image and palms aren't 3D); checking Kirt's last image explains this better.

Secondly, I would push the dining set near the wall to clear the space and un-hide that corner sofa, so to speak. And then the textures, tables generally have different looking textures for top and supporting frameworks, even if in the same family of wood/veneer; the leatherette also has shine which accentuates craftsmanship and depth.

Finally I am wondering what that small triangular block in bottom left is doing, if its reflection from the polished tiles (because rest of the things aren't reflected that clearly) or a piece of stranded furniture peeping in the camera view (photo composition issues)?

Now a days when we get tons of ready-made 3D models from every wall and corner of the net, its only the composition, shading and lighting that 'makes or mars' our efforts and time's worth.

hush........it's a little long but hope you take it in the right spirit. And cheers!

Edited by umeshraut

Guest sachinwalvekar

Thanks Kirt for posting the reference images and your comments. I will spend more time to fine tune the image.

Guest sachinwalvekar

Hi Angelia thanks for your comment. The door is 7 feet high including the frame. The detail given by the architect. Yes but you are right higher french sash would surely make it beautiful as the background is interesting. I will do that for my own private rendering.

Guest sachinwalvekar

Hi Umesh,

Yes in my revised rendering that I have posted, I have used GI over ride material. What went wrong in the first rendering that I posted way the color in the custom balance in the vray physical camera.

The palm trees are 3d and its the 3rd floor in the building. The layout was given by the architect so I am unable to change it. Yes you are correct about ready-made 3d models. In this render, some of the furniture has been custom made and some taken from library.

You are correct about the triangle......need to remove that.....geometry that should have been removed.

No I have not done any corrections or compositions in photoshop.

Thanks for your comments about the table, it does need correction.