VRAY Animation Batch Render Issue

mkellyanimated

Hello,

I recently had problems with the prepass technique for animation in vray, but I got it to work and now I got the render looking the way I need it to.

I'm beginning to get frustrated with this rendering technique though because another problem has arisen. I have incredibly long renders when rendering out in batch render when I haven't before.

When I say incredibly long renders I am talking about 1-1.5 hours long per frame. However, when I render it in the frame buffer it is only taking around 3-4 minutes per frame. My computer is running fine and runs everything else fine. It renders out fine in the frame buffer. I haven't the slightest clue why this is happening so any help would be greatly appreciated as I am out of ideas and would love to get this project done and over with.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me! :)

*Render settings are all correct except the do not render final image is unchecked instead of being checked.

EDIT: The only thing I can think of that is maybe to problem is that when it is batch rendering it is almost like it isn't using the full amount of my computer resources, but when in frame buffer or render viewer it is. I don't think that it's my computer is to slow because the scene isn't complicated, my computer runs other things fine, and I've rendered out other more complex scenes faster than this.

I am also using nparticles and ncache in my scene if that matters at all. I don't know how to bake that stuff out if that also matters.

render_settings8.jpg

render_settings9.jpg

render_settings1.jpg

render_settings2.jpg

render_settings3.jpg

render_settings4.jpg

render_settings7.jpg

Edited by mkellyanimated
Additional information

Are you referring to an animation when you say "batch rendering"? I take it that you are not using DR since it isn't checked. If this is the case and you are only using one computer to render, why not just run through the frames, calculating the IR and LC every frame instead of rendering everything out and then rendering the final? I do not know why it is taking longer per frame except maybe you do not have enough RAM to process the saved GI calcs and the maps in the scene. How much RAM do you have?

not sure whats going on - is this maya vray?

what is batch rendering? iv not heard this term used with max before.

you should just be able to pre-calc every 10th - 20th frame then load and render with the same times...

sorry not sure whats going on

Batch rendering in terms of Maya is what sending to Backburner is in Max. In short terms, it's network rendering if I remember correctly. Are you using batch render to just render on one machine? If so, why not just set your sequence to render and let it go. There is no need to do it batch.

Are you pulling your light maps from a network location? These files can get huge, especially if you are saving every frame, and can really drag a network connection down. Again, if you are saving every frame, there is no need to save them. Just brute force it and be done with it.