Bedroom

tamasbendo

1364817301.jpg

Studio/Institution: n/a
Genre: Commercial Interior
Software: Sketchup, 3DS Max, Vray, Photoshop
Description:

Greetings

I'm new in this forum and also in 3D modeling. I think it's the right place to show off my first rendering using VRay for Sketchup.

This scene is actually representing my own bedroom. Any critics, advices are more than welcomed. (and I surely need them) The whole scene is modeled in Sketchup except the pillow which is made in 3DS Max.

finalrender_1.jpg

RV06hdl.jpg

Edited by tamasbendo

First off, really nice rendering. I like the objects in the forground alot, they look realistic.

What I think makes this rendering look like a render and not a photo is first of all the door. I think it's the glass material that so obviously has a noise map in the bump slot. Play around with that, perhaps lower the bump value and mix it with some other map.

The bed lamp looks a bit flat and too cartoony and the pillows is a bit stiff. Add some details to the pillows. A quick fix is to just add a FFD box to the pillow and play around with the control points to make it look less stiffer.

I don't really understand the angle of the camera and the composition of the picture. Maybe you can find a different angle which makes the picture more interesting. If you want a central perspective as it is now you should perhaps make the background wall be horizontal and the lines be pararell to eachother.

I never used vray with sketchup so I am not certain of the possibilities. Nice work anyway!

Guest sachinwalvekar

Hi Tamas,

Christoffer has already given very good suggestions. I would suggest you add more items to the scene to develop more interest in the scene. A good scene otherwise.

Warm Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice! Looking good.

The only comment I can give you is the composition and angle of the camera. I am not a fan of the camera looking down. I think you should play around with the fov of the camera and as well the height of the camera position. Even if it sometimes is preferable to have the camera in eye height it's not always the best choice.