All viewports go to sleep after a long render

stayinwonderland

Untitled-1.jpg

Whenever I leave my computer for a long time to render, after the render the viewports seem to shut down. I've tried 'redraw viewports' but this does nothing.

It's a pain because I might need to re-render a small section and have to shut down max and open it again, losing the info in the max frame buffer.

Ideas?

That is strange, never happened to my Max (2012 and 2013) and I have reinstalled them many times through these years and on several machines.

Although my viewports go to black sometimes when while working in Max I start up a game, then when I exit from the game they would be black.

And I have all the latest updates and service packs installed.

Hope you solve your problem.

This happens while you continue to work at the computer ? Just to exclude some powersaving or screensaver kicking in causing that viewport blackness ( which would be a known problem with many gfx drivers )

If your viewports go black while doing CPU heavy stuff, this might be a sign that your powersupply is not up to support the CPU and GPU at the same time. Do you have a powerfull and good (build qualitywise ) enough powersupply in your computer ?