Max 7 First Person Camera

Scott Schroeder

Has anyone else heard that Max 7 is going to incorporate a first person camera option? I've looked through the discreet website but they have very little information on it. Is it going to be a plug-in that was integrated into Max 7, such as Turbo Squid's Rtre or is it going to be a totally new system inside Max? I was able to find a site that had a video on this, but they used some weird, ultra rare codec and I wasn't able to view it. Does anyone else have any info on this? Thanks.

from what i saw at Siggraph, its just going to be another movement type inside of max, sort of like the Orbit/Dolly/etc..

Looks interesting, i'm just not sure how it controls in terms of where the floor is? where the camera is?

I'm thinking it might be an easy way for some simple pathing combined with the motion capture utility.. can mabye ease some of the hassle of first learning the curve editor? (Mabye thats not a good thing.)

Cheers,

Dave.

yep, FPC works fine.

I saw 7 at a roadshow and everyone said "so they did their homework" ..nothing special.

"Resizable Filedialoges" and opening older max6 files... they called it new feature ;) ...and then the presentation of normalmaps... they wasn't able to workout the differences to bumpmaps.

oh..yes, the new snap is now working in perspective..what a new feature ..so we all was satisfied with nonworking and buggy standard features for 6versionnumbers.

You can find some kind of independant review of max7 here:

http://www.cgnetworks.com/story_custom.php?story_id=2420&page=

Quote out of the article:

"First Person Camera

The first person camera view is easy to use for anybody who has played a first person shooter. Simply hit the up arrow to enable it and then use standard first person shooter controls to navigate your scene."