Chamfer problem

Krisztian Gulyas

I ran into this problem a few times. I have problem chamfering attached objects.

What is the best way to get rid of this kind of problem? Max hadles it as it was to totally different objects.

I tried welding vertices, reset xform. I don't know what else I can do. I created this using a spline.

Untitled-1.jpg

Max 2013

Untitled-2.jpg

Sometimes adding edit mesh modifier and collapsing it to edit poly solves problems, just a thought.

I ran into this problem a few times. I have problem chamfering attached objects.

What is the best way to get rid of this kind of problem? Max hadles it as it was to totally different objects.

I tried welding vertices, reset xform. I don't know what else I can do. I created this using a spline.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49151[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49152[/ATTACH]

Max 2013

the first image looks like there is a face on the end of the left element. So even if you tried to weld vertices it would not weld.[ATTACH=CONFIG]49155[/ATTACH]

You'd have to erase that face on both objects/elements before welding and trying to chamfer.

Two co-planar faces will never weld. You have to delete both co-planar faces; in other words, produce two holes of the same size and shape, the it will weld.

Use xView functionality to find out overlapping faces and more.