Lost vRay dongle!

I guess you need to contact your local re-seller where you live (where you got it from originally). There may be a small fee for replacing the dongle. Once you have a replacement you need to generate a special licence file and send this to Chaos Group. They will send back an activation file to program the dongle with a licence. The details are listed on the Chaos web site:

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R1/licensingvray.htm

• Administrators

Hi Jeremy,

Bruce is correct, you will need to purchase a new one. CGarchitect sells them for $35+ shipping & handling. We don't make any money selling dongles, but happy to help you out if you like. We just have to contact Chaos Group to have your old dongle blacklisted/deactivated and get the new one programmed for you. If you contact me over the weekend and purchase I can have you up and running again by Tuesday as we can FedEX it out on Monday. My email is jmottle@cgarchitect.com

• Administrators

You can purchase online here: http://shop.cgarchitect.com/hardware/chaos-group-wibu-usb-license-dongle-domestic.html

You can't deactivate the dongle, only Chaos Group can do that and they have a record of which dongles you have. If you have more than one, please email me the ones you do still have so they know which one to deactivate. Once it's deactivated it can not be reactivated again. We can take care of everything for you on that end and get you the new dongle reprogramming file for your new dongle.

Cheers,

Jeff

Alright! Sounds great!

I can email you my username/password for Chaos Group but I don't know the serial number or anything matched to my account.

I have one Vray 2.0 educational license and have lost my only dongle. Very frustrating.

If I purchase one from you tonight, do you email Chaos Group and get it deactivated or which Chaos Group email should I send a message to get it deactivated so you can send mine activated when it gets here?

Should I order it now and email you my order #?

• Administrators

You don't need to send me anything. Just place the order and I can do the rest. No need to contact Chaos, we take care of all of that for you. The only thing you'll need to do once you get the dongle is execute the license file we send you. Then you'll be back up and running.

You don't need to send me anything. Just place the order and I can do the rest. No need to contact Chaos, we take care of all of that for you. The only thing you'll need to do once you get the dongle is execute the license file we send you. Then you'll be back up and running.

Now THAT's Class-A Service.

• Administrators

Everything has been submitted to Chaos Group and provided they approve everything on time., it will get shipped out tomorrow.

I'll break down the costs for you:

Our cost on the dongle: $35

Import/Tax/Shipping to bring the dongle from Bulgaria to our warehouse: $10/dongle

FedEx Shipping to you: $44.52

TOTAL: $89.52

What We charged you based on a flat rate Shipping charge: $74.95

That means I lose $14.57 just shipping this dongle to you. Personally I don't like shipping replacements as I never make money due to the time and cost it is to me. The only reason I did this was because you are a CGarchitect member and my hope is one day you'll purchase products you need from our online store. FedEX is the only reliable method I've found to ship things in a timely manner. USPS sucks IMHO. Anyway, as you can see it's not excessive and I've lost money. :)