V-Ray mapping problem

shawnhansen

Hi everyone.

I am having a major problem with mapping seams when mapping in V-Ray.

I have attached two images to illustrate my problem.

One of the renderings are done with Rhino´s own render engine, the other is done with V-Ray´s engine. The mapping and everything is the same on both pictures, but for some reason V-Ray creates these very apparent mapping seams.

I have tried everything i can think of to fix this, but nothing have worked.

I really hope that there are someone in here who can help me out.

I am using Rhino 4.0 SR9, V-Ray 01,05,29

Thanks!

2.jpg

1.jpg

Then make it less reflective with the black-white scale (make it black if it's not). Probably that's not the problem, but worth checking it.

Untitled-1.jpg

Try tweaking the diffuse map in Photoshop (just make the bright areas darker). Save the photoshop file and put that in the diffuse slot. You can leave PS open and if you need to change something, you just do it, save it, and changes will take effect in Max.

Sorry if these are really basic things, but I don't know anything about your skills.

Edited by krisztiangulyas

I don't know much about Rhino, but found this:

http://www.rhinojungle.com/group/vray/forum/topics/solution-for-mapping-textures

Edit: nevermind :D

You should probably send this behavior on to chaosgroup as a bug so that they can look into it. Looks like the vray material is misinterpreting the mapping coordinates.

Edited by beestee

So.. I tried it and it didn´t fix the problem.

BUT in the process i made the projection mapping bit bigger, and for some strange reason it fixet the smaller texture seam in the middle part of the seat. I messed around with it to see if i could fix the seams on the sides using this method, but it didn´t do anything.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Looking at this help file, it appears that there are two different types of box mapping in rhino, single and divided. I could see the issue above being a problem with using the divided method since the texture is being scaled differently at the box edges. Try the single method if you have not already.

It seams i have solved the problem! I messed around with mapping and noticed a projection called "Spherical". After a lot of adjusting its a much better fit than planer and box projection.

Judge for yourself. Now there is only kind of a seam from the midle of the seat and out, but its ok for now. THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK! :-)

1.jpg