Issue with Exposure Control in Vray Physical Camera vs EC in Environment

nisus

Hi All,

When I setup my EC to the SAME values in both the vray physical camera or in the environment and render images using both methods, the rendering results are totally different for every method. Does anyone know why of how this happens?

I don't have a clue...

Some more information:

I ONLY switch the 'exposure' checkbox in the vray physical camera, with default EC-values: f-number = 8 shutter speed = 200 / film speed (ISO) = 100

Any help is most appreciated! Tnx!

rgds,

E

do you have a screen shot of the camera, exposure settings side by side? and perhaps the resulting renderings side by side? Might help to troubleshoot if we can have a look at the screenshots..

Off the cuff, sounds like odd behavior, curious if you found a solution or figured out what was going on.

oooh I was wondering, because I always use the exposure of the environment panel while doing test rendering from other angles.

What's going on here is you are still looking your scene with the V Ray camera, and this overwrite the environment exposure, this is kind of logical because if not you'll have double exposure.

The environment exposure control was created for non V Ray cameras or to render from perspective view or any view and have exposure controls.

If you change your view from VRay camera to perspective, it should work ;)

Hi All,

Tnx for your quick replies. I'm not sure I understand the 'double' exposure though: I thought a vray physical camera uses EITHER the EC in the camera OR the EC in the environment, not 'both'. I haven't found anything about this in the manual...

Can anyone shed some more light on this issue? Tnx!

rgds,

E

@Michael: I don't know, another artist modelled this interior... I'm only lighting and animating the scene... ;-)

@Michael: I don't know, another artist modelled this interior... I'm only lighting and animating the scene... ;-)

I wasn't really referring to a modeling question. Not quite sure I understand your response..

If you are in the camarea, and press alt-q or isolate selection, then un-isolate, you will notice your viewport has jumped from the camera to raw perspective mode.

With the Vray Exposure Control "Active":

Uncheck the "Exposure" box in the Vray Physical Camera to render through it.

Actually, a Vray Physical Camera will also use BOTH it's settings and the Max Logarithmic Exposure control if enabled.