Launched my website

Dear members,

Though I am not new as many new users are (joined in Feb. '12) I thought this section is the only place I would announce the launch of my website - umeshraut.com - to the community here. A basic site showcasing some of my recent works, naturally as an advertising exercise. Hope to receive bouquets and brickbats. Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts and tips for its improvement.

Thanks,

Umesh Raut

I'll give you a bouquet if you tell me what a brickbat is...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/brickbat?s=t

This dictionary page says its-

brick·bat

[brik-bat] Show IPA

noun 1. a piece of broken brick, especially one used as a missile.

2. any rocklike missile.

3. an unkind or unfavorable remark; caustic criticism: The critics greeted the play with brickbats.

World English Dictionary

brickbat (ˈbrɪkˌbæt) dictionary_questionbutton_default.gifn 1. a piece of brick or similar material, esp one used as a weapon 2. blunt criticism: the critic threw several brickbats at the singer

Word Origin & History

brickbat

mid-16c., piece of brick (half or less) used as a missile, from brick + bat (n.1). Figurative use, of comments, insults, etc.

and I meant the figurative. Now the bouquet please :)

Umesh Raut

p.s. by the way, I am more interested in knowing how to tap international (mainly North American and European) clients for offshore freelance work or temporary/permanent relocation opportunity in architectural visualization.

Edited by umeshraut

I have been reading it (in newspapers) for a long long time, and though my medium of study was not English (wasn't an option in the small town I was), continuous reading, training students and writing has given me a handful of words to use.

So, am (still) waiting for the bouquet. :)

Edited by umeshraut

• 3 weeks later...
heres a brickbat

unfortunately your website looks like something from 1992

Good and thanks nicnic, but the info is too short. I would certainly benefit ( and may be other newbies here, too) if you had to tell me what it is that comes to your mind to make it look like a 2012-2013 (I am not thinking of 2014, not as yet) website. By the way in my first post itself I have opened my ears & arms for suggestions and tips, if someone is kind enough to spare/share. Hope this is taken in right spirit.

Regards,

Umesh Raut