x-axis frontal z-axis perspective

marcinleita

my first question around here

hello everyone!

i'm creating a still showing a nature scene with grass and trees.

the output format has an aspect ratio of 20:1 (if broken into parts at least 7:1)

i need a very wide panorama without any wide angle lens distortions.

when i set up a single wide angle camera that gives me a nice depth the foreground becomes way too distorted towards the edges.

so i just want the perspective distortion along the z axis. so the scene has depth.

wide angle lens around 22mm looks best.

but i dont want the distortion along the x axis.

rather something like using a frontal camera.

cant get my head around on how to do that.

things i dont want to do: stitching in post. using a front camera with faked depth by scaling objects.

using a bent mirror i failed.

any ideas?

thanks

If you where a photographer, your solution would be tilt shift lens, and Cinema 4D and most of the 3d software have this options without the distance limits.

Just set your camera around the middle of your objective, then adjust the lens size and take a snap shot, then increase your tilt distance from side to side taking different shots until you cover all your objective, then merge all the images in Photoshop. Of course this method have some limits but so it does real life photography, and our eyes can notice when we see something that does not look "normal" or our of the ordinary, if your shot it wide out or range, you better render a orthogonal elevation, but that is how it will look; right?

Yes I also think you need to post a sample of what your are trying to archive, because I have done something similar with a real camera and a tilt shift lens, not that exaggerated like yours 20:1 that's a lot. but in the 3d world i am sure it can be done. it should work, playing with lens size and film offset will give you a very wide shot without much distortion.

Edited by fco3d