Family house - Call for C&C

5ran

1370810648.jpg

Studio/Institution: 5ran
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: 3dsmax + Vray
Description:

Hi,

This is very early stage of my commercial project of the family house.

I am posting these pics to get some serious feedback, so feel free to post C&C

Thanks

01.jpg

02.jpg

What will I say? I myself struggling for feedbacks and to improve my renders. But still I say what I feel. Modeling is great, try to increase the intensity of light as the grass is a bit dark. At the other side add some reflection on wooden planks and increase the noise on the water. Maybe add some small lights on the walls of pool, it will provide spice to the image. Its a WIP so I think most of the points I mentioned were already in your mind. I am auspicating a wonderful image in the end.

Thanks for your post Sandeep!

I should mention I'm trying to achive something like "early morning look" with the low intensity day light and artifical lights as well to show the interior.

I will work on my lighting as you adviced and we'll see how it will affect the look of the planks and noise on the water (there is some :-)

Early morning? How 'bout some mist on the moors? Why would people have exterior lights on just as they wake up? Think of morning and you think of a pool full of cold water. Uh. no. And where is the family? There is not a hint of kids inside or out. If you want to tell a story you must think of the elements that lead the viewer there and include them, and do not confuse with things that are not part of that story.

If you have kids, there is nothing more scary than an unattended swimming pool.

well... Ernest...

thanks for your kind opinion :-)

You know you're in the WIP section, right?

In the final image all lights will be OFF, pool will be covered with plastic foil and the whole house won't be seen because af the mist. The story is little bit post-apocalyptic, so there won't be any people.

It's looking good...what's the ground material next to the lawn on the right? It's got a rippled effect...Is it a cloth like material or sand? It looks good on one of the images as sand but on the larger main image displayed it looks like cloth because of how the edge meets the stone like material.

Shahid: Thank you. The ground material is the sand. I would like to have the garden golf course look with bunkers etc. There is the displacement map with ripples and that effect lifted the mesh little bit. It is on my TO DO list :-)

I still dont know whether I cover or not the pool edge with stone tiles. That would rise the border and solve this problem.

I hope I expressed my thoughts well. I dont write in english very often. Sorry if it is unclear :-)