Workflow compositing 3D scene over 2D image

petersmith1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the proper workflow when preparing a 3D scene for a 2D image. I am using 3D max and have placed my 2D background image as the viewport background with the correct aspect ratio. I've rendered my scene out and when transfered to photoshop against the 2D image, the angles nopt the same as they were in 3D max. This is annoying as I am after realism. Is there a 3rd party program which can help me gain the correct angles?

Kind Regards,

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the proper workflow when preparing a 3D scene for a 2D image. I am using 3D max and have placed my 2D background image as the viewport background with the correct aspect ratio. I've rendered my scene out and when transfered to photoshop against the 2D image, the angles nopt the same as they were in 3D max. This is annoying as I am after realism. Is there a 3rd party program which can help me gain the correct angles?

Kind Regards,

Max 2014 has new tools for this:

Peter,

Safe frames should be turned on, otherwise you wouldn't render the correct aspect ratio.

I've thought that you've already matched your camera with the background and results differ from 3ds max window?

If you still need to adjust your camera, then you can use camera match script or follow one of many available tutorials.

Are you doing a manual match or do you have all scene data, like survey, camera settings, etc...?