heavy file

mostafayehya

What is in your file? What does the scene consist of? Are you using proxies or xrefs of any kind? Are you using proper scene management or are you just jamming 600,000,000,000 polygons into the scene and hoping for the best.

We need more information as there could be quite a few reasons you are having problems.

First things first, after you list what is in your scene. How big is your max file? If it is just a few boxes, but the file itself is hundreds of megabytes, check this link:

http://arddigital.co.uk/remove-notetracks-from-3ds-max-scenes/

yes im using proxies and yes there is alot of polygons and this happen with any kind of details : shaded , wireframe .........etc

my laptop : 4G Ram - 2.27 core duo processor - 64 bit operating system

i know that its ok for the file to be like that ........im just asking for solutions for better performance .........thank u all

yes im using proxies and yes there is alot of polygons and this happen with any kind of details : shaded , wireframe .........etc

my laptop : 4G Ram - 2.27 core duo processor - 64 bit operating system

i know that its ok for the file to be like that ........im just asking for solutions for better performance .........thank u all

polys : 5.148.700

verts : 4.986.666

FPS : 10.886

I've ran more complex scenes on laptops w/ integrated graphics before and had problems, as well as not had any. I would try and export everything you have in the scene now into a new file and see if that fixes anything. Max is finicky. Also, make sure to run garbage collection scripts to unload unnecessary information from your scene before you do. Aside from upgrading to a dedicated video card and increasing your ram, I wouldn't know how to help you. Let us know how it works out for you.

The number of objects in your scene is far harder on the computer's resources than the number of Polys. In the listener window type:

objects.count

Then try to reduce that number by:

splitting out your scene into xrefs

or

attaching like objects together

or

attaching objects by layer

The number of objects in your scene is far harder on the computer's resources than the number of Polys. In the listener window type:

objects.count

Then try to reduce that number by:

splitting out your scene into xrefs

or

attaching like objects together

or

attaching objects by layer

I agree with this option