recommended Simplest Video Editing post production software

clubber2k

Hi,

I'm an architect occasionally doing cg models with videos and walkthroughs. right now I use windows movie maker to create my presentation but its far from my needs.

I would appreciate some advice on the most simple (must) cheap (preferably) video authoring software to do the following:

must have features:

1. accept most popular video file types with sound.

2. allow to add multiple videos and mix/ cross-fade between them, like having a separate day and night view videos and going from day to night without actually simulating it on the 3d software. ALSO allow for more than one video on screen with some type of divider (yes complicated) - maybe to show the project from above with a facade both moving at the same time. or show house plan with interior at the same time, etc.

3. allow more then one sound file at a time. at least one from video file and added background music. also allows to add different background music files and mix/crossfade between them.

4. allow to cut/edit/paste video parts.

5. has the ability to add text - with as many as possible pre defined text effects.

preferable features:

1. video editing: color correction / pre-defined color and style effects.

2. allow complex annotations - add arrows/boxes with text to indicate important information. - really really want this - but can live without..

3. as many as possible presets for effects and edits to make the video live and interesting - fast.

4. has a rewind effect - to go through an important part, "rewind" and show it again for better impact

don't know if something like this exist since I did google and searched this forum, but maybe with 2 simple application, one for some and one for the other features I can get all of the above done?

thanks in advance, :cool:

Yes thanks, it was my first choice but got the demo and watched some tutorials, doesn't have most of what I need.

it has great color correction and post capabilties but very limited in mixing of sound and/or video. not to mention annotations.

text is too complicated and doesn't look good. also adding annotations is extremely limited.

can't split the screen to show 2-3 videos at the same time.

mixing of video and sound isn't intuitive.

overall, didn't like it.

I guess I'll ask it differently: if you make architectural walkthroughs,

which video editing software do you use and why?

we use adobe premiere mate. very easy interface, audio submix

get it on subscription or use a demo

sounds like this is what you need to be honest.

Yes, as I have learned it is the most in depth software. don't want to learn a new software for an occasional use.

hoped there was some kind of simplified app for dummies.

p.s.

while checking other option I notice sony vegas always comes up as a premier alternative.

how much better vs. simple is it in relation to premier. do they even have a difference?

Edited by clubber2k

Well, thanks for your replies.

after looking into allot of programs and trying a few I realized I don't have any other choice then to learn one of the complicated ones, I went with after effects.

though aftereffects isn't a video authoring program per say it is the most flexible program I found.

all other softwares are rigged when it comes to manipulating videos. in ae each video is like a single jpg, easily moved, scaled transformed etc.

its easy to add drawings lines, markers and text and make sure they follow the same point along the presentation.

it actually answers all my requirements except the simplicity issue.

well, sometimes you need to work harder to get your desired outcome.

thanks all,

and if you're looking at this thread because you want the same thing, try AE. its photoshop for video.

:cool: